skip to main content
1009 N. 6th Ave, Wauchula, FL | Phone: 863-773-9058 | Fax: 863-773-0069

Translate this Page
Hide other sections
Student Records


                  Definition of a  Student Record


The student record series also referred to as the "cum folder" is a permanent record containing

the complete history of a specific student from the first day of enrollment to the final day of enrollment.

These records contain health and immunization documentation, testing information, Individual Education

Plans and exceptionalities, transcripts, attendance, registration information  and entry and withdrawal



                 Requests for Student Records


Student Records are considered confidential and can only be released to parents or guardians;

if the student is under the age of 18.  Once a student reaches age 18, the student must provide

written consent for their records to be released to anyone other than themselves.  To provide written

consent for Hardee School District to release information to anyone other than the student; the

parent/guardian must have the following form completed:


 Authorization for Release of Confidential Information 


Requests are made to the last school for which the student was enrolled. Proper photo identification is

required before any information will be released. The proper photo identification that is accepted by the

district is: a state issued driver’s license, state issued photo ID card or U.S. Passport. Requests are

processed in the order they are received. Typically, it will take one to three business days before the

records are mailed, faxed or ready for pick-up. However, the district can take up to  thirty days as

stipulated by Florida Statutes. To make a request please use the form:

 Student Request for School Records & Release Authorization



Any request for an “Official Copy” or "Sealed" Transcript can only be opened by the receiving school or

institution. If opened, the receiving school/institution will not accept.  Only one diploma was issued at

the time of graduation. In the case of lost diplomas, we can only provide a copy of the transcript which

provides graduation data. No duplicate diplomas exist.




                                     Locating Student Records

Currently, student records are located throughout the school district.  As students advance, their records will

move with them. Records of elementary students advancing to the 6th grade will be forwarded to the Hardee

Junior High School.  Records of students promoted to 9th grade will be forwarded to the Hardee Senior High

School.  Records of former students reside at the last school they attended. Please refer to the chart below for

requesting school records:



Student Grade/Promotion Status


School Site


Contact Information

Grades 9-12




Hardee Senior High School 



Guidance Office                        

 Phone: 863-773-3181 #6

Fax: 863-773-4390

Non-Graduates or Inactive Files

Birthdates 1970’s - 1999


MIS Department 




Records Retention Office         

Phone: 863-773-9058  Ext: 1374

Fax: 863-773-0489

Grades 6-8




Hardee Junior High School   




Guidance Office                      

Phone:    863-773-3147

Fax: 863-773-6397

Grades K-5

Bowling Green Elementary


Phone: 863-375-2288

Fax: 863-375-3501

Grades K-5

Hilltop Elementary


Phone: 863-773-2750

Fax: 863-773-3167

Grades K-5

North Wauchula Elementary


Phone: 863-773-2183

Fax: 863-773-3514

Grades K-5

Wauchula Elementary


Phone: 863-773-3141

Fax: 863-773-0416

Grades K-5

Zolfo Elementary

Phone: 863-735-1221

Fax: 863-735-1788

GED Graduates

Department  of Education            

Phone: 1-877-352-4331



Our Vision:
Empower and inspire all students for success.

Our Mission:
To provide all students a high-quality education in a nurturing and
creative environment to develop responsible citizens.

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communication to or from our state officials regarding
state business are public records that are available to the public and media upon request.