1009 N. 6th Ave, Wauchula, FL | Phone: 863-773-9058 | Fax: 863-773-0069
Home

Translate this Page
Hide other sections
1970 - 1989

1976 North Wauchula Elementary

The new school opened on October 14, 1976, for grades kindergarten through third  grade.  The principal of the new school was Jack Iiames.

 

 

1978 Hardee Senior High

On September 27,1978, the board hired the firm of Watson & Company, Tampa, Florida, to design the new high school. The architect and engineering fee was $220,000.

 

The new complex would be a four million dollar building project.

Morrick was the general contractor.

 

This state-of-the-art high school was a 195,000 square foot complex. The most significant feature of the new school was the agricultural meat processing facility. The facility provided a place for holding, slaughtering, cooling, processing, and freezing livestock.

 

 Energy conservation was a prime factor in the design.

 

The new school was dedicated on October 1, 1979 and opened on April 20, 1981,

Wauchula. The principal at the time was, H.C. Patterson.

 Dedication Plaque